Its capital is Ottawa. It shares a border with the United States and its confederated state of Alaska. It is the second largest country in the world but due to its climate, its population density is low.
It has a parliamentary government, but is also a constitutional monarchy and the Crown holds executive power. The official languages are English and French and although the constitution does not establish any official religion, religious diversity is an important part of the country's culture. More than 60% of the population identifies as Christian. Its official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- The ETA is indispensable to be able to enter the country.
- If you want to ski, travel from December to March, but if you want temperate weather, which will be from June to August, however, this is high season.
- It's one of the safest countries in the world; however, always keep your security measures in place.
- Although social security is free for citizens, it is not for foreigners. Take out international health insurance because medical care is expensive.
- The voltage is 110 volts at 60Hz.
- You should bring an adapter for the plug.
It is not necessary to take any special precautions regarding vaccines, but it is recommended:
- Tetanus (if you go skiing during the winter season).