It is an equatorial African country. It borders with Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Congo and the Atlantic Ocean. Its capital is Libreville and the official language is French with various Bantu dialects. The population is mainly Catholic although there is a minority of Muslims.
- The visa is mandatory to enter the country.
- The climate is hot and very humid.
- You must bring a mosquito net and a good repellent.
- Also bring a first aid kit..
- If you travel in the rainy season, it is important to wear boots and long sleeves.
- The current is 220V and the plugs are two round holes.
- Important:If you are in the country and you are hoisting a Gabonese flag, stop until you finish as a sign of respect if you do not want to receive recriminations or even a fine.
The yellow fever vaccine is mandatory; however, there is a risk of many more diseases than you should be cautious about getting vaccinated against:
- Dengue fever
- Chikungunya fever
- Hepatitis A and B
- Typhoid fever
Malaria is also high risk, so before you go you should take preventive treatment against it.