Its capital is Kigali. It borders Uganda, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi. It has several official languages: French, English and Kinyarwanda. Half of the population has animist beliefs. The rest are Catholic and there are Protestant and Muslim minorities.
- The visa is mandatory to enter the country.
- If you have to move, do it accompanied, with a certified guide and by car.
- Do not visit peripheral areas of the city without a guide or after 6 pm.
- Avoid trips to the borders of Burundi and Congo.
- Take good care of your documents and keep them in sight at all times.
- Inform your friends and family about your travel itineraries.
- Always keep a copy of your passport handy.
Vaccination against yellow fever is mandatory for entry into Rwanda. Other recommended vaccinations are:
- Hepatitis A y B
- Typhoid fever
Preventive malaria treatment also needed